Reynolds American Inc.

This page was last edited on at

Reynolds American inc. (RAI) is the parent company of tobacco company R. J. Reynolds. It is owned by British American Tobacco (BAT).

Background

BAT bought RAI in 2017.12

BAT owned 42.2% of RAI shares from 2004 to 2017.2 In January 2017, BAT announced that it had agreed to acquire the remaining 57.8% stake.3 This acquisition was completed by July 2017. 12

When BAT bought RAI it inherited Vuse e-cigarettes.1

Reynolds also sold its blu e-cigarettes and some of its cigarette brands to Imperial Tobacco (now Imperial Brands).

TobaccoTactics Resources

Relevant Links

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

References

  1. abcBritish American Tobacco, BAT completes Acquisition of Reynolds, 25 July 2017, accessed October 2019
  2. abcBritish American Tobacco, Our history – a time-line, undated, accessed February 2023
  3. British American Tobacco, BAT announces agreement to acquire Reynolds, News release 17 January 2017, accessed November 2020
Go to Homepage