Mutsuo Iwai is a senior executive at Japan Tobacco Group (JT). In March 2016 he was appointed Executive Vice President, Representative Director, and President, Tobacco Business Headquarters.
He is also Chairman of JT International Group Holding BV.
Extensive Career with JT and JTI
Iwai joined JT in 1983 and has held several leadership positions, including:
- Chief Strategy Officer of JT (2013 – 2016)
- Senior Executive Vice President (2013 – 2016)
- Executive Vice President and Deputy Chief Executive Officer JTI (2011- 2013)
- Chief Strategy Officer (2008 – 2011)
- Executive Vice President of JT’s Food Business (2006 - 2008)
Japan Tobacco International website
Japan Tobacco Group website
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Japan Tobacco, Our Leadership, undated, accessed October 2018
- ↑ Bloomberg, Executive profile: Mutsuo Iwai, undated, accessed October 2018