Long-Standing Career with British American Tobacco
- Director Next-Generation Products, Managing Director Nicoventures and CN Creative (2013-2015)
- 2011 Group Operations Director Designate
- Group Operations Director (2011-2013)
- Regional Director Eastern Europe (2010-2011)
- Global Brand Director Dunhill, 555 State Express, Benson and Hedges (2008-2011)
- President BAT Korea (2005-2008)
- Managing Director Gulf Cooperation Countries Business Unit (2001-2004)
Harm Reduction and Next Generation Products
One of Naughton’s roles was Managing Director of Nicoventures, a BAT subsidiary originally set up in 2010 to develop non-tobacco nicotine products, so-called Next-Generation Products. In this role, Naughton featured in BAT’s Sustainability Focus Report 2013, promoting BAT’s harm reduction strategy to “give smokers much of the experience they expect from a cigarette but without the serious health risk”, in particular by marketing e-cigarettes. At the time, BAT had just launched its Vype e-cigarette.
- For more detail on BAT’s marketing of Vype and other so-called ‘Next Generation Products’, go to E-Cigarettes: British American Tobacco.
Global Tobacco Networking Forum
- British American Tobacco
- CN Creative
- Nicoventures, a Tobacco Company, or Not?
- Harm Reduction
- E-Cigarettes: British American Tobacco.
- Global Tobacco Networking Forum 2012
- Global Tobacco and Nicotine Forum
British American Tobacco website
- British American Tobacco, Management Board Changes at British American Tobacco, News Release, 20 November 2014, accessed October 2017
- British American Tobacco, Board Succession at British American Tobacco, News Release, 24 June 2010, accessed October 2017
- D. Naughton, Linkedin Profile, undated, accessed October 2017
- C. Cookson, BAT aims to smoke out nicotine lovers who find cigarettes a drag. Financial Times, 5 April 2011, accessed October 2017
- British American Tobacco, A focus on harm reduction. Why it matters. Sustainability Focus Report 2013, accessed October 2017
- Global Tobacco Networking Forum, GTNF 2012: Look who is talking and what they are talking about, accessed January 2018