In September 2015, Pellegrini took early retirement.
Career in the Tobacco Industry
- Managing Director Philip Morris Italia (2001-2003)
- Managing Director Philip Morris France (2000-2001)
- Managing Director Philip Morris Spain (1997-2000)
- General Manager Philip Morris Portugal (1996-1997)
- Marketing Director Italy (1994-1996)
US-ASEAN Business Council: Access to Government Officials
In his role as President of the Asia Region, Pellegrini represented PMI’s interests on the Board of Directors of the US-ASEAN Business Council, an American trade organisation that promotes American private sector business interests in Southeast Asia. The Council has been accused by health advocates of providing the tobacco company ‘direct access to lobby government officials’.
- M. Pellegrini, Linkedin Profile, undated, accessed June 2017
- Philip Morris Services S.A., Early Retirement Agreement, 21 July 2015, accessed June 2017
- Bloomberg, Philip Morris International: Matteo Lorenzo Pellegrini, 2017, accessed June 2017
- US-ASEAN Business Council, Board of Directors 2013, 10 May 2013, accessed June 2017
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, Report: Tobacco Industry Front Group and Activities in Southeast Asia, 16 November 2010, accessed June 2017