The total compensation package Morparia received in 2016 for being a PMI non-executive Director was worth US$350,000.
Morparia is an Indian banker, who was named one of “50 Most Powerful Women in International Business” by Fortune magazine in 2008.
Morparia has been Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of J.P. Morgan India from 2008. In 2016, her role was extended to cover Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, in addition to Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and India.
Louis C. Camilleri, former CEO and Chairman of PMI, said at the time of Morparia’s appointment to PMI’s Board:
- "In particular, her keen perspective on Asia, which is a growth engine of our business, will represent an invaluable asset going forward".
In 2017, Morparia also served as a non-executive Director on the Board of pharmaceutical company Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, and the Board of Hindustan Unilever Limited.
- Philip Morris International company website
- Business Wire,Kalpana Morparia Elected to the Board of Directors of Philip Morris International (PMI), 6 December 2011, accessed June 2017
- Philip Morris International, Filed form DEF 14A, Securities and Exchange Commission, 23 March 2017, accessed June 2017
- Fortune, 50 Most Powerful Women in Business, 13 October 2008, accessed June 2017
- K. Morparia, Linkedin Profile, undated, accessed June 2017
- S. Das, J. Rebello, JP Morgan India CEO Kalpana Morparia to oversee seven more markets, 8 April 2016, accessed June 2017
- Philip Morris International, Kalpana Morparia Elected to the Board of Directors of Philip Morris International (PMI), PMI Press Release, 6 December 2011, accessed June 2017