Crime Stoppers International
Crime Stoppers International (CSI) says it is a “global non-profit organization representing seven regions committed to support law enforcement efforts to prevent and solve crime by mobilizing citizens to anonymously report illegal activity”  On its website, under the section on illicit trade, it describes a collaboration between Crime Stoppers and the tobacco industry as a “success story”. This initiative, called ‘Denuncie Hoy’ (Report Today), focused on illicit cigarette trade in El Salvador, Central America, and was expected to expand to Guatemala.South African journalist Yusuf Abramjee has been collaborating with CSI since 2007, when he was working and later heading the initiative called Crime Line. This consists of an online platform for anonymous tips on crime in South Africa.  Abramjee became Head of Global Communications for CSl in 2015 and later, in 2018, was promoted to Vice-President.
- Crime Stoppers International,global authority on anonymous reporting, 2018, accessed April 2019
- Central America illicit trade cases,Success stories, 2016, accessed April 2019
- Y Abramjee,Yusuf Abramjee Website,"Yusuf Abramjee",2011,accessed April 2019
- Crime Line,Crime Line,accessed April 2019
- Crime Stoppers International Announces New Board Appointees,"Crime Stoppers International", 1 November 2018, accessed April 2019