Using Lobby Groups is one of the ways in which Tobacco Companies are Lobbying Decision Makers. Lobby Groups act on on behalf of the tobacco industry, contacting regulators and policy makers with the aim to influence regulation and legislation.
The page on Lobbying Decision Makers explains the issue in more detail, discussing - amongst other things - the difference, or rather, the thin line between direct and indirect lobbying. Lobby groups speaking on behalf of the industry could be understood as direct lobbying - specifically if it is transparent who has paid them to do this. Transparency, however, is a treasure hard to find in this line of business. Apart from the groups mentioned above, Think Tanks or other policy institutions can also be involved in (indirect)lobbying.
The Lobby Groups listed at this page include industry organisations (tobacco related) and more generic trade organisations.
Please note that there are separate categories for:
So, also check the latter page for specific people involved in lobbying for the Tobacco Industry.
Pages in category "Lobby Groups"
The following 98 pages are in this category, out of 98 total.
- BAT Funded Lobbying Against Plain Packaging
- Bell Pottinger
- Beneluxvereniging voor Merken-en Modellenrecht
- Big Brother Watch
- Brazilian Institute for Ethics and Competition (Instituto Brasileiro de Ética Concorrencial)
- British American Tobacco
- British Brands Group
- British Retail Consortium
- Edmund Stoiber and the Bavarian Snuff producer
- Matthew Elliott
- Emergency Committee for American Trade
- European Carton Makers Association
- European Cigar Manufacturers Association
- European Policy Centre
- European Privacy Association
- European Smokeless Tobacco Council
- European Smoking Tobacco Association
- European Travel Retail Confederation
- Helen Evans
- Indian Tobacco Company Limited
- Industry Arguments Against Plain Packaging
- International Chamber of Commerce
- International Network of Nicotine Consumer Organisations (INNCO)
- International Tax and Investment Center
- International Tax and Investment Center - A History of Tobacco Industry Facilitation
- International Tobacco Growers Association
- The Common Sense Alliance
- The Free Society
- The Freedom Association
- The Plain Pack Group
- The TaxPayers' Alliance
- Think Tanks
- Tobacco Advisory Council
- Tobacco Alliance
- Tobacco Industry Platform
- Tobacco Manufacturers' Association
- Tobacco Retailers' Alliance
- Tobacco Workers’ Alliance
- Transport and General Workers Union