Anne Katrine Mevlig
Lobbying on the EU Tobacco Products Directive Revision
Leaked internal PMI documents reveal that Ms Mevlig lobbied Danish Members of European Parliament (MEPs) to take a pro-tobacco position whilst the 2001 EU Tobacco Products Directive Revision (TPD) was being revised.
From November 2002 to August 2005, Ms Mevlig was the political assistant to Jens Rohde MEP (at that time member of Danish Parliament).
Mr Rohde is one of the MEPs that PMI had an ongoing contact with, and who tabled several pro-tobacco amendments to the TPD proposal in May 2013. To read more about PMI’s campaign to derail the TPD revision, including its strategy to “activate MEPs”, click here
- EU Tobacco Products Directive Revision
- PMI’s Lobbying Campaign to Undermine the TPD
- Third Party Techniques
- TPD: Revolving Door Cases
- The revision of the 2014 European tobacco products directive: an analysis of the tobacco industry’s attempts to ‘break the health silo’, S. Peeters, H. Costa, D. Stuckler, M. McKee, A.B. Gilmore, 2016, Tobacco Control; 25:108-117
- Quantifying the influence of tobacco industry on EU governance: automated content analysis of the EU Tobacco Products Directive, H. Costa, A.B. Gilmore, S. Peeters, M. McKee, D. Stuckler, 2014, Tobacco Control; 23:473-478
- Linkedin profile A.K. Melvig undated, accessed January 2015
- Philip Morris International, Copy of new Transparency Register. Lists of Consultants and their expenses, from internal Philip Morris International documents leaked in September 2013
- Philip Morris International, AAA Master File. Background information and meeting details of most MEPs by country, from internal Philip Morris International documents leaked in September 2013
- R. Goebbels, ITRE Committee Amendments 21-280 Draft Opinion on the approximation of the laws, regulations and administrative provisions of the Member States concerning the manufacture, presentation and sale of tobacco and related products, 28 May 2013