In 2017, Reerink sat on the Board of Directors of the Confederation of European Community Cigarette Manufacturers, and the Board of the European Smoking Tobacco Association.
Long-Standing Career in Tobacco Industry
Before working for JTI, Reerink worked for Imperial Tobacco.
From 2001 to 2004, Reerink was Head of Corporate Affairs at Imperial Tobacco Netherlands. He then became Senior Public and Political Affairs Manager at Imperial Tobacco Ltd, working mainly in Bristol in the UK and Brussels, until he left the company in 2010.
From 1996 to 2001, Reerink worked for the Association of the Dutch fine-cut tobacco industry (VNK). In this role he lobbied the Dutch and EU governments “covering a range of issues including excise, product regulation and labelling”. In this role he also lobbied the European Parliament when it was debating the adoption of the first EU Tobacco Product Directive.
- Japan Tobacco International
- Imperial Tobacco
- Industry Interference and the 2001 EU Tobacco Products Directive
- M. Reerink, LinkedIn Profile, http://linkedin.com, undated, accessed February 2017
- Confederation of European Community Cigarette Manufacturers Who we are, CECCM website, undated, accessed February 2017
- European Smoking Tobacco Association, About ESTA, ESTA website, undated, accessed February 2017
- Michiel Reerink CV, European Parliament, undated, accessed February 2017