Kind Consumer Limited
Kind Consumer is a British entrepreneurial healthcare company founded in 2006 by Alex Hearn.
The company specialises in ‘respiratory drug delivery and tobacco harm reduction’, and its lead product is a licensed nicotine inhaler called Voke.
Relationship with the Tobacco Industry
Distribution Agreement with British American Tobacco
The agreement came to an abrupt end in January 2017 when BAT announced that it was to focus its Next Generation Product portfolio on unlicensed e-cigarettes and Heat Not Burn products, rather than medically licensed nicotine products.
Voke, the Nicotine Inhaler
In 2008, Kind Consumer developed the first prototype of a 'clean medicinal nicotine inhalation device' which was later named Voke (see image 1).
Voke was licenced by the Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in 2015.
- Kind Consumer, Company history, company website, undated, accessed June 2017
- Kind Consumer, Company, company website, undated, accessed June 2017
- R. Jacobs, Pursuits of a safer cigarette gathers pace, Financial Times, 1 June 2011
- Kind Consumer, British American Tobacco and Kind Consumer Announce a New Approach to Commercialise Voke, 5 January 2017, accessed June 2017
- Kind Consumer, Company History Infographic, company website, undated, accessed June 2017
- R. Jacobs, C. Barrett, Former Tesco chief puts money into Nicotine, Financial Times, 1 June 2011
- Kind Consumer, Sir Terry Leahy, company website, undated, accessed June 2017
- Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, e Voke 10mg Electronic Inhaler PL 42601/0003 e-Voke 15mg Electronic Inhaler PL 42601/0004 (Nicotine) UKPAR Nicovations Limited, last updated November 2015, accessed June 2017