Huenemann has represented PMI on several trade and lobby organisations, in particular in the Asia-Pacific region.
US-ASEAN Business Council
Huenemann has been a Board member of the US-ASEAN Business Council since 2015. The Business Council is an American trade organisation that promotes American private sector business interests in Southeast Asia. Huenemann is the Council’s Secretary.
Center for Strategic & International Studies
Huenemann also sits on the Southeast Asia Program Advisory Board of the Center for Strategic International Studies (CSIS), an American think tank. According to the CSIS’ website, members of the Board “convene in engagements with U.S. and Asian heads of state, ministers, and on important programs at CSIS”.
National Center for APEC
Huenemann has experience working for the American government. In the mid-1980s, he briefly worked for the United States Department of Treasury as International Economist and Presidential Management Fellow, followed by a 15 year-long career as Assistant US Trade Representative with the Executive Office of the President.
- J. Huenemann, Linkedin Profile, undated, accessed June 2017
- US-ASEAN Business Council, Board of Directors 2015, US-ASEAN Business Council website, 19 September 2015, accessed June 2017
- CSIS, Southeast Asia Program Advisory Board, 2017, accessed June 2017
- National Center for APEC, About: Board, 2017, accessed June 2017
- National Center for APEC, The National Center for APEC Applauds the Inclusion of Canada in Trans-Pacific Partnership Negotiations, 20 June 2012, accessed June 2017