Working for BAT
EUK Consulting provides lobbying services in the UK and Brussels for British American Tobacco and for its offspring Nicoventures. In its entry to the EU Transparency Register, EUK Consulting declares that it was paid between €50,000 - €100,000 by BAT per year for lobbying services in 2011 and in 2013. Nicoventures is not included in the declarations yet.
BAT's European CSR Initiative
EUK Consulting has worked with other lobbying firms such as BXL Consulting, along with communications agency Morris And Chapman and auditing firm Bureau Veritas to work on BAT's EU corporate social responsibility programme and its BATresponsibility.eu website.
Senior directors have a history of working with Philip Morris and are thus well-placed to have BAT as a client:
- David Bertram - Director, who has 20 years experience in public affairs, including three as Corporate Affairs Manager for Philip Morris (UK & Ireland) and three as Philip Morris International's Director of Public Affairs for Central Europe, the Middle East and Africa, where his remit included managing the region's corporate social responsibility programmes.
- Sean Murray - Director, who has 23 years experience in public affairs, including over a decade with Philip Morris. He joined in 1991 handling media relations, internal communications and lobbying at the Brussels office of Philip Morris. He was appointed Director EU Government Relations in 1999 but joined EUK in 2003 to set up its Brussels office.
Cash to Political Parties in Power
Between 2003 and 2009, records from the Electoral Commission show that EUK gave £82,675 to the British Labour party in 20 different donations, whilst Labour was in Government. Over the period 2003 and 2008 EUK gave no money to the Conservatives, but then in 2009 gave three donations totalling £10,850 to the Tories in one year. In 2009 EUK also gave a £3000 donation to the Liberal Democrats.
Since the 2010 election, EUK has given no money to Labour but donated £9,000 to the Conservatives, who are now in Government.
Cash and Gifts to MPs
In August 2009, EUK Consulting made a donation of £3000 to Liberal Democrat MP Nick Clegg.
Back in 2000, EUK Consulting provided hospitality to the then Labour MP, George Foulkes and his wife to the All England Tennis Championships, Wimbledon.
Networking with the London Mayor's Office
In June 2010, the late Sir Simon Milton, the Deputy Mayor and Boris Johnson's chief of staff, attended a 10th anniversary reception at EUK Consulting. The year before, John Roberts from EUK Consulting had bought Milton lunch. 
- UK Public Affairs Council, Registry Entry for British American Tobacco plc, website, undated, accessed 14 June 2011, and Register for period 1 December 2011 to 29 February 2012, UKPAC website, accessed 5 April 2012
- EUK Consulting, Our Clients, company website, accessed May 2013
- EU Transparency Register, EUK Consulting, accessed August 2011 and May 2013
- BAT, BATresponsibility.eu, website, last accessible date 23 October 2012, via the web archive.
- Corporate Europe Observatory, Obscured by the Smoke - British American Tobacco's Deathly Lobbying Agenda in the EU, June 2009
- EUK Consulting, website, Accessed July 2010
- Electoral Commission, Website, Accessed August 2011
- House of Commons, Register of Members' Financial Interests: Part 1, 6 September 2010, Accessed August 2011
- House of Commons, The Register of Members' Financial Interests, 10 December, 2009, Accessed August 2011
- House of Commons, The Register of Members' Financial Interests 2000, Accessed August 2011
- Greater London Authority, Gifts and Hospitality Mayoral Staff Appointments 28.05.2010 - 18.11.2010, Accessed August 2011
- Greater London Authority, Gifts and hospitality register - Sir Simon Milton - 2008-9, Accessed August 2011