Christopher Pincher has been the Conservative Member of Parliament (MP) for Tamworth (Staffordshire, England) since May 2010.
In January 2018 he was appointed Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household and Deputy Chief Whip House of Commons.
Relationship with the Tobacco Industry
Accepted Tobacco Hospitality
Opposed Tobacco Control Measures in the UK
Voted Against Bill Banning Smoking in Cars Carrying Children
In June 2011, Pincher voted against a Private Member’s Bill banning smoking in cars carrying children. The bill was supported by the British Lung Foundation.
Against Display Ban
Against Indoor Smoking Ban
In October 2010, Pincher voted for the smoking ban to be overturned.
Profile of Christopher Pincher on TheyWorkForYou website.
- UK Parliament website, Biography Christopher Pincher MP, undated, accessed January 2018
- House of Commons Publications, ‘Register of Members' Financial Interests - as at 13th December 2011’ (pdf), 13 December 2011, accessed 15 December 2011
- M. Goslett, K. Gladdis, ‘Tobacco firm gave thousands of pounds worth of hospitality to nine MPs who opposed smoking bill’, Daily Mail, 23 November 2011, accessed 16 December 2011
- Hansard, Smoking in Private Vehicles bill first reading in the House of Commons, 22 June 2011, accessed 17 December 2011
- British Lung Foundation, ‘Alex Cunningham MP successfully tabled a motion to stop smoking in cars with children’, Press Release, 22 June 2011, accessed December 2011
- Paul Goodman, 'Fifty Conservative MPs demand a free vote on shop tobacco display ban', ConservativeHome website, 18 December 2010, accessed 19 December 2011
- Jonathan Isaby, ‘David Nuttall's attempt to relax the smoking ban falls at the first hurdle - but 77 Tory MPs vote for his Bill (with 38 opposing it)’, ConservativeHome website, 14 October 2010, accessed 19 December 2011